Monday, July 30, 2007

From Angie: We're here!

We're here safe and sound. We arrived right at 9:05am on Friday morning. The airport was amazing: so beautiful, with a full shopping mall in it. We rented a small run-around car and got a GPS system to go with it. I'm so glad we got the GPS--it told us exactly how to get here with no problems whatsoever. Sam was delighted when I handed her the keys. I fulfilled her dream to drive the autobahn. The drive was awesome! Nederland is so green and beautiful with the prettiest COWS (yes, I said pretty) you've ever seen. Maybe it's because it's so green and the cows are so clean and FAT that makes them so beautiful. The drive from Amsterdam to Deutschland was nothing but farmland, but the second we crossed the border the landscape changed from flat, open, green farmland to rolling hills and trees, trees, trees. Nestled amongst the trees were horse facilities, all with indoor arenas. Again, it's so green and beautiful.

After checking into the hotel, Sam and I headed off to Munster, a small college town. It's a beautiful town with a ton of great shopping. We stopped for dinner (which Sam slept through). The pasta was all handmade with this terrific light sauce and the best mushrooms I've ever had. It was topped with turkey so moist it melted in your mouth. We shared that along with a salad of greens, pears and strawberries and a dressing that made every bite fantastic. Sadly, on our way back to the car I was hit with the worst stomach cramps and by time we got back to the room, it was all over. There goes my pasta, I cried and my wonderful salad, booo hoooo!

After a not-so-great night, I woke up refreshed and ready to go. Sam and I went downstairs for breakfast here at the hotel. The breakfast comes with our room and I'm telling you, it's quite a meal. A full buffet of anything you want from lox, raw hamburger, fresh-baked breads, fruit, omelettes, bacon, sausage, and on and on. I was empty and ready to eat! From there we headed out to the barn where Albert will be staying until Wednesday. So old and so cool! We met Scott Hassler there and they're bringing in horses on Tuesday for me to try! I can hardly wait to ride. I'm going to post some photos for everyone to see.

Now we are waiting for David: he has landed and they are on their way. Sam and I will meet them at barn, help him unload and then we'll all go out to eat.

Love to all, we'll be in touch.

Love, Angie & Sam

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Hi Angie,

Thanks for the beautiful descriptions and update, I can almost pretend like I"m there! Just remember, you are to come back with a horse, not a pretty cow;)

Keep us updated, and wish David luck from all of us here in IL,

Lorie